What are Chia Seeds?
The tiny seeds of the chia plant (Salvia hispanica) are extremely rich in nutrients. More and more people are recognising the health benefits of chia as a natural food and making them part of their healthy diet.
Chia seeds are classified as a superfood. Thanks to their powerful nutritional properties, they are an increasingly popular ingredient in a wide range of health foods, such as smoothies, puddings, and bread.
Dhow Nature Foods Chia Seeds are almost 20% plant-based protein, are extremely rich in fibre, in addition to being a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids too. When consumed, chia seeds natural expand as they take in fluids, which has been known to help you to keep full.
Benefits of Chia Seeds.
- Rich in fibre
- Contains 18g plant-based protein per 100g
- One of the richest plant sources of Omega-3 fats
- Source of Omega 6 and 9
- Rich in antioxidants
- 25g serving contains twice the amount of iron and magnesium as spinach
- Great source of vitamins including calcium, manganese, potassium and phosphorus
- Contain all 8 amino acids
- Natural thickening agent
How to use Chia Seeds ?.
- In smoothies, smoothie bowls and shakes
- Chia puddings
- As vegan-friendly egg substitute
- Salad dressings and sauces
- Stir into healthy yoghurts
- Perfect for healthy bakes including muffins, cakes and health bars